- Here is playlist of 53 short videos we put together for 5-7 year olds to learn coding on their iPad.
- Click here to get the free app for your iPad or Android Tablet: https://www.scratchjr.org/
- The first few videos on the playlist provide an overview of the tool/app, then some on specific concepts, the rest are step-by-step examples of how to make several simple games.
- This is a great first step for anyone to start learning programming.
- Watch this first video to get introduced, then use the playlist with your kids to learn together. It’s fun!
About Scratch Jr.
ScratchJr is an introductory programming language that enables young children (ages 5-7) to create their own interactive stories and games. Children snap together graphical programming blocks to make characters move, jump, dance, and sing. Children can modify characters in the paint editor, add their own voices and sounds, even insert photos of themselves — then use the programming blocks to make their characters come to life.
ScratchJr was inspired by the popular Scratch programming language (scratch.mit.edu), used by millions of young people (ages 8 and up) around the world. In creating ScratchJr, we redesigned the interface and programming language to make them developmentally appropriate for younger children, carefully designing features to match young children’s cognitive, personal, social, and emotional development.
ScratchJr is available as a free app for both iPad and Android tablets. For more information about ScratchJr, see scratchjr.org.
Video Playlist of Learning and Game Creation Lessons